Wednesday, November 25, 2009

:|: Insert snappy title here :|:

I've been remiss at posting and it will probably continue. I'm les tired. But no time to take a nap! Too braindead to even come up with a title for this entry!


I just have so much going on at home right now - - - and I haven't had the 'umph' to write. Seems my get up and go got up and went. lol I haven't been chatty and I've been seriously disorganized with this big kitchen renovation going on. I have been keeping up with my favorite blogs and a handful of forums, but I'm not posting much in response to anything.



I continue to do a lot of thinking. Much of it about where I spend my time, who I spend it with, and the positive or negative impacts it has on me and my life. Slowly I've come to the place where I'm ready to let go of some things and move in somewhat different directions. I'm seeing things more clearly, seeing people more clearly. And you know what? It feels really 'healthy'! Like these are things that are going to enhance my life, my well being, and hence those around me.

And its so interesting to me that it seems like its all coming together around the holidays and then the new year around the bend.....feels like a fresh start. I've completely changed my way of eating (RAW rocks!), bringing more health and vitality into my life. I'm phasing out some activities and relationships and bringing in new ones. I'm setting new goals for myself, both personally and professionally - and its not all just 'because'.... you know, when you make goals because 'its the new year' or because there's a goal meme going around...for me, this is not because of the new year or anything else.

Its been organic. I feel like there have been lots of little changes going on inside of me that are seemingly unrelated but are all on the verge of coming together. Little things that are having an effect on other things.....whether its cummulative or causative, I don't know, but I believe things are going to just explode in the new year as things continue to solidify.


Its been a hard year in many ways, change often doesn't come easy - but God is SO good.

So unbelievably good. I am blessed beyond measure. I know that. And to know that is a gift. God continues to open my eyes and change me and I am SO thankful for that.

We won't have a kitchen tomorrow - well, not one to speak of, no oven, no table, maybe no water in the kitchen. Its definitely going to be a VERY different Thanksgiving than any we've had in the past. I think thats a good thing. Sometimes we need to shake things up a bit. To get our sights set on things that are really important.

What's important to me?

Faith, Family, Friends, Health, Hope, Shalom

I'm not sure that there is anything else that I can't fit under those headings.

I still have no witty title for the blog entry today....its just me, sharing from the heart.....a glimpse into my head.....into my journey. Ahh, my journey - that reminds me. I really am thankful for those who read and comment here. For those who have been a part of my journey into metalsmithing, which is what this blog started as....chronicles of my journey into metalsmithing. Its grown to include more and more of my personal life, more 'me', and I am really, really, REALLY thankful for the people I've come to know through this blog. Even if you've only commented once, its been an important part of my experience, of my journey. So thank you. All of you.


((hugs))


In regards to my journey, I sometimes forget just how much metal I've moved over the past 4 years. I hit mosaic in my photo editor the other day, in one partial album - this is what happened.



And this is just one tiny part of one small album on my hard drive!



Amazing.




Here is another one - some rings I've made:




WOW. I think I've made progress.....









~Janice

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a mosaic button! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. send me some pics...I'll do 'em up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as the nature of the blog implies, those are handmade. but my guess is that you aren't really interested in that now are you? And no, I can not send you photos and please be sure you do not borrow any for use on your commercial mass produced website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...as the nature of the blog implies, those are handmade. but my guess is that you aren't really interested in that now are you? And no, I can not send you photos and please be sure you do not borrow any for use on your commercial mass produced website."

    I'm dying to know who you were talking to here! It almost seems like me :( I WANT A COMMERCIAL MASS PRODUCED WEB SITE! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha, I deleted the comment - I should delete mine sorry!!

    ReplyDelete