Sunday, November 13, 2011

what a weekend!

With all the craziness of my life -  with all the heartache and all of the stress lately - with everything that has been said and done and left unsaid and undone.....with all of it sometimes really weighing me down - I do know I am blessed.

This weekend was a perfect reminder - of the good, of all I 'have', of all the blessings.


Rina, Gary, & Lisa
On Saturday I had the great gift, of a day spent with close amazing metalsmithing friends. We met at Gary's - me, Lisa, Rina, Gary. (and my LG). We spent the day eating and talking and laughing mostly. We did make it into the studio....but for this visit that seemed almost an afterthought.



Gary did show us his sandcasting set up - and WOW! he is able to get an amazing amount of detail. And the process is quick - AND you get to keep your master!

This photo doesn't do the casting justice due to the flash and the little bit of patina on the original.

But the result was really really good. And we did this quick and without all of Gary's usual tools.

I had toyed with the idea of a sand casting set up a while back but was really on the fence.
I don't think I'm on the fence any longer. :)

On Sunday I was able to sleep in a little (8 am-ish I think) and then we had a leisurely morning until it was time to leave for church. A quick run to the grocery after that and then home for the ENTIRE rest of the day. YAY!

I spent the rest of the day working in the house. Moving furniture, unpacking boxes, moving my studio around.....working HARD. That may not sound like a blessing - but holy cow - I am able bodied and strong enough to do what I did! My sore muscles attest to the effort I was able to expend doing what I needed to do and what I wanted to do.

I got to hang with friends, go to church, work in my house (MY house!) - what a blessing!

Leave me a comment and let me know how YOUR weekend was - or what blessings you see in your life recently. Or just say HI!

~Janice