Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The definition of irony

So yesterday I FINALLY made it down to my local YMCA.

Not to join, or to work out. But to cancel my membership. They won't let you cancel over the phone, go figure.

They'll take your money over the phone but won't STOP taking it over the phone. hmmmm. That's a post for another day. (grrrrr)





So anyway, I get there, right after work.

It's busy.

There are apparently lots of people in my town who are actually interested in getting in shape, staying in shape, something. Anywhooo, so there we all are, for WHATEVER reasons, but mostly to exercise.

Except me.

I just want to cancel my membership and get the heck home.

And the damndest thing is - I'm not the only one looking for that parking space closest to the door.  We ALL are!

So for those who are actually interested in exercising - would it kill you to walk an extra 5 or 10 feet?

 I just found the whole jockeying for a close parking space somewhat ironic, I'm not down on exercising, I just don't want to do it at the "Y" anymore. I need to pinch my pennies.

:)