Saturday, October 27, 2012

blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine

I'm having a hard time settling into my weekend. My thoughts are with the upcoming storm, wondering how bad it might be - and I feel weird about it. I'm not a worrier by nature.....and I don't know if it's the media attention or the fact that I've been without power for over 5 days twice in less than a year, but I'm concerned about this storm and what it may cause. *sigh* Not as in scared worried, just as in, 'what kind of huge inconvenience is this going to be' and 'am I going to have to replace my entire fridge/freezer again?'.

I've been prepping a little bit - I got up this morning and ran out to the store first thing. Our sump pump USED to empty the house via a pipe that came out of the house above ground, took an immediate turn and went into the ground, running out far into the back yard before surfacing. When we had our little house fire this past summer, the pipe was burnt to a toasty crisp flush up to the house.  I went to Home Depot this morning and picked up some sections of pipe and couplings and came  home to puzzle out a temporary solution.  I used some pipe sealant on the connections and hopefully it will get us through this storm.

Also hit the grocery store, just for the usual weekend shopping. Came home, put away groceries, made breakfast/lunch, ate, and then went and tidied up the carport making sure anything that could blow away or be damaged by rain is secured or out of the way. Now I'm kind of in limbo....not sure what to do next.  I hate when I get like this. There is so much I need to do around the house but all of a sudden I am TOTALLY not motivated to do it. Guess I need to just buck up and push forward. Feels like I do that a lot.  *sigh* (again...lol)

blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine

;-)

Off to shake it off, do some laundry, and go through some boxes, etc in the basement.

later gaters.