Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lessons from JAR 2008

OK, I learned a lot while I was there rubbing elbows with all the talented ladies, but there are a few things that really stand out to me.

First, and maybe most important, I think I finally learned that if a piece doesn't look right, its not necessarily crap to throw in a box. More likely - its just not done yet. If I keep pushing and tweaking and revising - it can turn out better than crap, more than just ok - it can be, dare I say it.....'good'.



Second, music energizes. Play it in the studio. Play it loud. Christy reminded me of that.









Third, you can say anything about anyone if you follow it up with 'bless his (her, your, their) harrrrrrt'. For instance, "that girl is a dumb fool, bless her harrrrrrrrt" It works. Try it.

Fourth, two wire clothes hangers bent just right double as a great flex shaft hanger.

And lastly, for now, don't try to wash 5 loads of sheets at 8am when checkout is at 10am. Just a bad idea, doesn't work, don't do it.

More later........

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It sounds like you all had a great time. I wish I could do stuff like that!
    I love all the new pieces you made. Most especially the ring and pendant with prongs.
    I've always known about "bless her hearrrrt! It's a staple in the South! Like- "Damn, that's an ugly baby! Bless it's hearrrt!" LOL
    Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete