Tuesday, June 02, 2009

TT - A little late

Tutorial coming - pics of 'fold and gold' for now.....



Yes, Tuesday Tutorial WILL be posted today, but its going to be a LATE date post - well, more like a night time post. :) Hope you'll come back tonight or check in tomorrow. I'm having a good time posting metalsmithing tutorials that I find and also sharing those of friends.

In the meantime, I said I'd try to grab a photo of the fold and gold ring now that its oxidized. I didn't get to it last night - swim team is going to be a killer! Yesterday was our first practice. My father was good enough to take LG to the pool at 5pm at which time we found out he'd be in the 6:15-6pm group. They decided to stay and wait it out, so I ran home and picked up little Lisa and took her to the vet. I returned home with Lisa around 7pm and little guy and Pop-Pop pulled in a bit after 7:15. Needless to say, dinner was on the late side last night, little guy needed a shower after being in the strong chlorine, and after he went to bed, I crashed.


Ohhhhh, No, scrap that. I did go to the bench - - got started with the 14k gold bezel - on a lovely little triangular (trillian) cut aquamarine cabochon. After fiddling with that a bit - I then crashed in front of the tv for an hour and went to bed early. (again!)


So I snapped these photos on my way to work this morning and now that I'm taking my lunch break have uploaded them.





Whatcha' think?

I don't really like the way the LOS was left on there....I may redo the LOS and use pumice instead of steel wool, but my pumice doesn't arrive until Friday, so the ring is going to stay as is for now.

:)


Don't forget to check back for the Tuesday Tutorial - if all goes well it will be up whilst its still actually Tuesday!

Oh, and for fun, here's little guy playing Ultimate Frisbee at the school fair this past Saturday.

Isn't he just too adorable?


~Janice

5 comments:

  1. I really like the fold and gold ring...very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is adorable.. the relationship between you and him as he grows older will be different from that of you and your daughter.. There really is something to mama's boy, but I think more for the mama!! LOL... the ring is great I like it as is, not sure what pumice is? Is it the same as pumice stone? would be interesting to see it done both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, he is adorable! Love the ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could try using Bon Ami scouring powder as an abrasive to remove the patina, it is a very gentl abrasive, (I think more gentle than pumice), and available at most grocery stores. I use it to clean off my fine silver disce before enameling them

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fold gold ring is very cool!

    ReplyDelete