Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It was a freak thing and now I'm in love




thankfully the whole 'no-hotmail-no-forums-no-othercan'trememberwhat' internet experiencde was just a freak thing.



Things are back to normal today.



Well, as normal as normal is around me, or here.



Now the internet is back to normal at work, but they gave us new computers.



Mine came today.

Getting a new computer can be a love thing or a hate thing. So far I'm diggin' this one, but the monitor is FREAKISHLY large. So yea, another freak thing.


This is becoming my new mantra.



Again.



Phases, life is all about phases. ;-)


So yea, BIG computer.



22 freakishly large inches of flat top monitor.



And yes, that is a diagonal measurement of the screen alone.




The length of the screen is just about 21 inches.


I'm tellin' ya. It's huge.



I feel like I need to turn my head to read from one side to the other. It's like being at Wimbeldon.


Not that I've ever been to Wimbeldon.

But I do like tennis. I dig watching it and I enjoy hitting the ball back and forth with my son.



Although we do that in the court out in front of our house - as in street court, not tennis court. We discovered last summer that hitting it over a net on a real court really steps up the game a bit in terms of degree of difficulty.


We're just not into difficult. We enjoy stress-free. That's the way to be. :)


Actually, we will try it again - we do like a challenge. But whackin' that ball back and forth out in the street WILL remain a fun game. We love it.


Speaking of luuuuuuuuuuv. I have a new one.


I knew I was in trouble when................


Ok, not really.


I had no idea I was going to fall head over heels in love when
I began this flirtation a year or so ago.


It began as a little ember. Until last night when it turned into a burning, nooo



make that roaring, nahhhhhh



raging.




Yes. A raging fire.




i do believe that is what I have ignited.



A raging fire.




and now I'm a goner.



What is this new love?



Gold.



18k gold to be exact.





I don't think life will ever be the same again.




I started a while back buying little snippets of gold when I had a bit of 'extra' cash. A little wire here, some solder there......even a tiny piece of sheet.





I now have small bits of round wire, solder, sheet, and half round wire. Most in small gauges. Though I did manage to pick up some 18k half round that looks to be about 6 or 8 gauge.



YIKES!




How did THAT one happen?




Dunno. But last night I decided to dive in.




I am now the proud momma of a little petite 18k gold ring. No frills, no stones, just a few curves, some chassing, and a few balls.


Sweet and Petite