Monday, August 30, 2010

What I'm really jazzed about


So yes, the LG is back to school today.

And yes, summer is coming to an end.

And there is good and bad in all of it, but this isn't your typical, 'back to school' or 'end of the summer' post with either a huge hurrah that the kids are going back to school OR a big boo-hoo that summer is ending.

Nope.

See, its all of that, sure, but its more because I have mixed emotions about all of it.

YAY! Summer heat is dissipating.....Booo! the days are getting shorter already.

YAY! we have a set schedule now, but booooooo! we have a set schedule now. (pack the lunch, dinner, homework, pack the lunch, shower, reading, bed, pack the lunch, -- and oh, practice your band instrument, go to basketball practice, don't forget this, how about that, where IS that permission slip, and oh yea, did I mention - pack the lunch!)

Ya know?

Its up and down, good and bad, silver lining to every cloud sort of stuff for me.

But.

but but but but....

What I'm really feeling right now is a hugely wild crazy almost palpable yearning and anticipation of autumn!

I love, love, love, love, love

no seriously

LOVE

autumn.

I just do.

I love the colors of the leaves on the trees as the green fades and turns to yellow, gold, red.........


the sounds of rustling through them when they fall to the ground.

I love that smiling face (yea, I get to see it everyday but I had to throw that in there!)

I love the smells of autumn and the crispness of the air.


I love chilly days and brisk nights


Sleeping with the windows open again, mulled cider and fresh apples,




and hiking the catoctin mountains and campfires and roasting marshmallows, and....


yea, I'm jazzed.






anyone else looking forward to Autumn? if not, what are you currently jazzed about?

Janice