Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What day is it?

I keep thinking today is Monday, but yes, it is Tuesday.

Holidays have a way of throwing me off a bit.  Not that I'm complaining about an extra day off! No way!

Not that it was relaxing though.

Not this time around. Nope.

It was a weekend of WORK.


You see, my parents are selling their house.  The sign goes up on Wednesday. the lockbox will be on and the showings may commence!

And let me tell you something - it has been a HUGE endeavor getting their house ready.

 Not only did they have almost 40 years of accumulation, but they had much of my household furniture and all of my belongings stashed in their attic and garage.



AND they had taken on some of my Uncle's furniture.

It was really overwhelming. Mind boggling how much 'stuff' we have!

We've been chipping away at it for a month or more. And yesterday, Memorial Day, we finished.

Well, almost...still a couple of small items to take care of, but for the most part - DONE!

What a relief.

We are so exhausted. 

Their house is a 4 bedroom, 3 story colonial on 3/4 of an acre and sits in the middle of a cul-de-sac.

There are some really nice features to the house - one of them is the backyard. 

The backyard is HUGE. And its quiet and its private.

Sitting at the top of the cul-de-sac, and with the shape of the yard -- it is very park like.





This photo is taken from almost the furthest point in the backyard looking back up at the house.

I've grown up here - this house, this yard...and I've watched it change and the  trees grow, grow, grow.

The house has been added on to - expanding the kitchen. Expanding the laundry/mudroom. And expanding the garage.


It has been a fabulous place to live. And it makes me sad that there is going to come a time very soon when I won't be able to just drive up and walk through the front door.

*sniff* *sniff*

At the same time, I know its time for my folks to move on. Its a lot of house and a LOT of yard for them to keep up. Too much. It is time for them to relax.

When we were almost done yesterday, I went through and took photos of the inside of the house. It was a great way to see those little missed items.

I was going to post all the photos but not sure everyone really wants to see them. I did it all - bedrooms, living room, dining room, den, kitchen, laundry room, basement, etc. An eye opener for sure! I knew there were some things still sitting around that we needed to pick up prior to the official photos being taken, but there were still some little surprises. (anyone want to see the photos?)

The photos aren't the greatest, I am so used to doing macro I forget how to change everything back for other types of settings!

So while we've all been cleaning, packing, cleaning, arranging, staging, and cleaning some more....LG has been left to his own devices.

He's been GREAT about the whole thing. But he really did so want to go to the pool yesterday.

Unfortunately, it just wasn't going to happen - we really had to use the time on the house.

As a consolation, I set up a sprinkler for him (yea, some consolation huh?!)

He DID have some fun with that.



Its not the pool, but it was cool -- and it was SO hot yesterday! (I really don't know WHAT that face is about!!)

And then his friend Rob came over for a couple of hours, they hung out and Rob had dinner with us



Then I cleaned some gutters.


And then ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I relaxed a bit.

But only for a bit, because then I remembered my laundry wasn't done.


So at midnight I was doing laundry.

Yippy skippy. :) 



But really, its ok, because TODAY, I feel like this

WAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(well, sort of....)

Things are pretty much done, I woke up to a VERY clean house, I know it is ready for listing (well, I do need to clean out the built in freezer tonight), and now we can relax a bit. (apart from having to bolt out of the house every time there is a showing!)

Its just upkeep from here on out. :) 

YAY!



:)