Friday, August 17, 2012

Late night orders (FOOD/HEALTH)

I went through a period of time, in my 20's when I purchased a couple of several ok, a bunch, of things from infomercials.

I bought the Turbo Cooker -


and used it for a while. I can't say that this was a bad purchase.

I bought the sandwich maker



  but never really used it.  So that is a 'fail' for me.

I bought the big top cupcake for my son, and we use it a good amount. There is something so fun about a ginormous cupcake. :)







 I became well acquainted with Mr Billy Blanks - and may revisit him in the near future. It's one of those things that 'works if you work it'. And he's just kind of nice to look at. :)



I purchased Turbo Jam but used it a few times. I might have watched it repetitively for a while though. While I ate chips or popcorn or something....





I even bought the Genie Bra (totally sucked, don't EVER buy those!) 

And there are more that I can't think of right now. 

But by far the BEST thing I have ever purchased via infomercial is this:
 
  


My lovely Titan Peelers.

They are SO sharp. So sharp that I've cut myself a few times. These are really great peelers. 

And there is a surprise with one of them. :) It's a grating peeler. See these slots?


You use it the same as a regular peeler



And it almost looks like a regular strip peeled off of the carrot, except


When you push on it with your fingers, it spreads into the most delightful strips


which are great for stacking on a wrap. 

carrots


and yellow squash

and more. Combine that with some lettuce....and whatever else you fancy


and you've got not only a delicious healthy wrap, but one that LOOKS as good as it tastes. :) 


So its your turn - fess up - what was your last infomercial purchase?


 
 

and used it for a while