Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another one to master!

I can never, never, never seem to rest on my laurels. (what ARE laurels anyway?) I go from one technique to another, constantly pushing, learning, striving. I'm not sure if its 'artistic drive' or pure insanity!

My latest is an attempt to make a 'claw' setting, fabricating it from square wire. One square wire. Its a GREAT technique because in a way its very quick. The entire claw setting requires no solder. HOW COOL IS THAT!?

You can see pics of the progress and set ring here.

Of course, to USE it in a piece it must be attached, the best way is solder which is what I did. By soldering it to a trangluar wire shank.

Buuuuuuut, I'm thinking of a cold connected version which would be so much fun for people who don't solder.

I really need to master this for myself first. So its back to the drawing board tonight (I hope) to mock up another and see if I can shape the prongs better than on the first one.

Wish me luck and HAPPY CREATING!

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment