Monday, October 25, 2010

Clearing out the studio

I've tried to stay on track, I've worked in the midst of chaos, but sometimes ya just have to know when enough is enough.

That time has come.

And really, the timing couldn't be better, on the heels of the retreat.

I had SUCH a great time on the retreat, but when I came back and looked at my studio - a total mess - I was completely uninspired.

I felt deflated.

and so I knew the time had come.

With my studio half emptied due to the retreat - and most of my tools and supplies in boxes anyway - it was the perfect time to clear it all out.

I could then take stock of the space and decide what to do with it.

So for the past week I've grabbed bits of time here and there and used it to empty nasty old containers, scrub my bench down, throw away items that I'm not going to use and no one would want, decided if there was anything anyone WOULD want and what to keep. Then I took a good look at the layout of my equipment, and decide where to keep everything.

With that done, I could then unpack the boxes and crates carefully, purposefully, putting each item in a well chosen place - its almost like being in a new space!

Ok, so that might be overstating things just a bit.

but WOW!

its REALLY clean.

Freakishly clean.

The downside is that I now I need to repack some of it - not a lot of it though - just some hand tools, metal, and stones.

But the UPSIDE to repacking those few things is this -

I

get

to

sit

with

(oh gosh, drum roll please.................)


MICHAEL BOYD.

For 3 days.

I just might faint.

Or vomit.

(I bet he'd prefer fainting. Vomit is messy and gross and smelly and just......ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.)

So maybe I need to be NPO starting like Sunday morning......I leave Sunday.

Workshop M-W.

Return home Thursday.

OK, NPO starting Sunday afternoon.....

I'm thrilled to have made it in to the workshop and am so incredibly excited!

And one of the best parts is that I get to have one of my bestest benchbbuddies there with me!

I am truly blessed.

Janice
(oh, by the way - is there anything you want me to ask MB while I'm there???)