Monday, February 21, 2011

RAW Inspiration

Many of you know that I joined the Ring A Week challenge - or RAW. The idea (not mine) spawned from the Ring A Day (RAD) challenge which ended on December 31, 2010.

When  RAD began back in early 2010, I gave some serious consideration to participating.





I thought about it really hard for oooh, all of about a split second ~ before I decided that there was just no way this side of heaven I'd be able to do a ring a day.

Hey, it was a SERIOUS split second.


About the most serious split second I've ever had.

OK, maybe not really.

But I did really think about it and I really would have liked to be able to do it, but I just couldn't.


I spent the year watching from the sidelines......following along...eyes fixed on the action...keeping special watch on some of my favorites.....ya know almost kind of like a peeping tom stalker dude, but not in a bad creepy way.



but yeah....I watched in amazement and sometimes amusement......and I was totally inspired.

And then, be still my heart, there came RAW.

A fraction of the commitment.

My stalking days were over. (well, maybe not quite - there are WELL over 200 artists participating in RAW 2011. . . I've been able to keep watch on some of my old loves and I've discovered some new (to me) talents)

In part I was inspired to join RAW due to stalking RAD.

The other reason I decided to join was in hopes of pushing myself to get back into creating regularly. YAY! this has worked.

I was also looking for the feedback etc that comes with being part of a group effort.

So far I am really enjoying RAW !














Other RAW bloggers this month:


Marcie Abney - labellajoya.blogspot.com
Joanne Harrill - www.jojobell.com
Thomasin Durgin - www.metalriot.blogspot.com
Amy Nicole - www.rubymtnbeads.blogspot.com
Janice - www.doxallodesigns.blogspot.com
Aleksandra Micic - www.micicart.blogspot.com
Lana Chu - www.ginkgoglass.wordpress.com
Evelyn Markasky - www.markasky.blogspot.com
Kerry Alice-Twigs and Heather - www.twigsandheather.blogspot.com
Lorena Angulo- blog.lorenaangulo.com/
Kate Jones-- www.katejonesdesign.blogspot.com
Maria Apostolou- www.createjewelry.gr/blog
Sarah Small - www.bysalla.blogspot.com
Rebecca Bogan - www.Adobesol.com/blog
Elaine Luther - www.CreativeTextureTools.com/news
Rebekah Timlin Meddles - www.lunasadesigns.blogspot.com
Laura M (Zoeowyn)- zoeowyn.blogspot.com/
Kimberly (bahamadawn) - www.bahamadawn.blogspot.com
Erin Austin - www.metalmusing.blogspot.com
Catherine Witherell - www.happydayart.typepad.com
Michele Grady- www.michelegradydesigns.blogspot.com 
Joan Furilla - jfurilla.wordpress.com/ 
Kathryn Cole- www.kathryncolejewelry.blogspot.com 



~Janice