Saturday, May 21, 2011

Knew it was coming, but still.......

Yes, yes, I knew it was coming. In the back of my mind I knew it was coming. But I didn't want to focus on it....and I sort of almost forgot about the whole thing.

But today when the mail came, there was a little puffy envelope for me.

For me! me! Me! ME! me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me.

And its all mine-mine-mine-mine-mine-mine!

I sort of kind of knew what to expect before I opened the envelope. .but I was still ah-mazed.

And I'm not just saying that.

What I found in my hands was even better than what I had seen online.

Pretty, precise, shiney, and somehow 'soft'. I think its the finish.

A soft sheen to the copper.

Lovely really.

Beyond what I expected.

I'd show you a picture, but I haven't taken these earrings off since they arrived today.

They are stamped and beaded copper earrings from Chris Kerr, similar to these. And although those are beautiful - I love mine bettererererer. lol

Mine are just perfect for me! I really am amazed - at how precise Chris gets her stampings, how she uses so many elements in her designs and they all WORK together to create something cohesive and BEautiful. She packs SO much into such a small space and they are so precise!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Chris!!

I am so very lucky to be blessed with such a great creative group of friends - and to think - jewelry has brought us all together. I never would have been able to imagine it just 7 years ago. I wasn't making jewelry then.

Chris and I agreed to a trade.....she'd make me earrings and I'm cutting her some stones. Unfortunately my lapidary equipment is packed....but in just a few more weeks it should be unpacked and then I plan on doing my best to create some lovely stones to send to Chris and maybe another little something special. :)

I also need to say that Chris took the time to package the earrings in such a lovely way and with the sweetest note, her attention to detail carries through the entire package - this girl has it all - and it shows.

(pics of the earrings etc tomorrow!)