Thursday, January 05, 2012

Reality check

On the same day I was writing my semantics post - unbeknownst to me, my friend was dealing with the death of his daughter.

I didn't have my cell phone on, so I didn't get the message until the next morning. and when I did --
















I have no words to describe......


I am SO thankful that I am blessed to have the flexibility in my job to alter my hours on short notice, to work from home, etc. And it allowed me to drive up and spend a few hours with my buddy.

The whole thing is just so sad, beyond words. And it is such a reminder that life is sometimes so fleeting and so fragile.....and that the world is so broken in so many ways.

I guess the only thing I can say is to slow down as much as you can, take care of yourselves and be gentle with those God puts in your path.

It's a good time for me to say Thank You. To all of you who read here - whether you comment or not - I appreciate that you take time out of your life to read - It means a lot to me - I appreciate YOU. And I am so grateful for the comments and emails - especially when I've shared personal things - your words reaching out over the internet often pull me from the edge of a dark place I can slip into.

Thank you.....know you are special and important to me.