Saturday, September 15, 2012

Going out of business

The economy being what it is and all.......people have to make hard decisions.

Like knowing when it's time to close up shop.

In October, the Urbanite will officially close up shop.  In fact, according to what I've read, the current print edition, is the last one.

I've really enjoyed the Urbanite over the past 5 or 6 years (it's been around longer but that is when I discovered it) and I'm sad to see it go :(

I know some artists who are struggling economically right now as well. Myself included. Just going through a rough period and need to figure out the best way to proceed. Thankful that I don't have to (yet) sell off my tools and raw materials. But hate that I find myself in this place again. Where I have to make some hard decisions about what bills to pay, hold a few and pay them late (HATE that because of the late fees), etc. I am hoping things will be different in a few months.

And I hope I don't have to say 'goodbye' to any other businesses.

What about you - are you seeing any forced closures? Have you had to scale down your business?