Saturday, July 06, 2013

Cool peeps & a bit of fun

'Smithing/jewelry making has introduced me to a lot of very cool people. Some I've only 'met' online and some I've had the pleasure of meeting in person. Some I've gotten to know individually and many in groups.  Some groups are BIG and some are small and they both have their pros and cons and just are what they 'are'.

One of the small groups that I am part of is really special. It's a small, 'closed' group of fun, positive, talented, cool peeps.

The other day one of them mentioned a project she is taking part in - the love parcel project. The love parcel project is a 'parcel' exchange run by Miranda of Severn, MD. People send her packages and she sends one, in kind, back to each person.


I have to be honest, I usually have just about zero interest in checking my mail. I do it, every day, but not because I really WANT to but more because I have to check it in case there is a bill that needs quick attention.

Rarely is there anything fun or exciting in the mailbox. I no longer subscribe to any magazines and most people keep in touch these days by text or email or facebook or some other form of social media.




However, after hearing about the love parcel project, most of us in this smithing group JUMPED at the chance to do something similar on a smaller scale within the group.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEND SOME PARCELS TO MY PEEPS!

And, yes, I'm intrigued to see what they might send me.



FUN!

What about you - do you look forward to getting your mail each day or are you an every other day checker....?