Thursday, October 04, 2007

The 2007 East Coast Jewelry Artists Retreat!




The 2007 East Coast Jewelry Artists Retreat went off with flying colors! Everyone had a great time and we all learned a LOT of new things!

I did my first hinged piece (and my first real pierce/sawing work)! Fabricated from sterling sheet, sterling tubing, bezel wire, MOP, and a rhodocrosite....hit some bumps on the way but end result is workable!






I also did some more fold forming! This is a score and fold copper piece with sterling and rutilated quartz.








here is a pic Wendy took in her cube.....the sterling piece isn't set yet and the chain (Jen's Pind) isn't finished...but there is my FIRST try at repousse'! Its done without a sketch or pattern, I was just trying to get the feel for the pitch and the chasing tools. Kind of looks like two catepillars though, doesn't it?





I can't wait to do this again next year!! 2008 East Coast Jewelry Artists Retreat - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment