Friday, April 24, 2009

FUN Friday?

Hey all!! Its Friday - YAY! I'm so looking forward to the weekend. Little guy is spending the night at a friend's house tonight so I have bench time!!

Whhooooohoooo!

A fellow Metalsmith and blogger (Beads in the Belfry) was talking about themes (memes) the other day, thinking it would help her blog more regularly if she had a theme to blog about. I like memes, they're fun. :) I may begin a few here - I was thinking about today - rather than TGIF - how about Fun Friday? And just post about something FUN every Friday. Sounds easy right? Too easy though? Or not interesting? hmm, I dunno. Maybe Fun Friday can be a Friday post about the 'fun' stuff that will happen over the weekend.

Maybe I'll go with that. So today's Fun Friday would look something like this.

  • BENCH TIME TONIGHT!! whooot! whoot!

  • Soccer game on Saturday.

  • Church on Sunday.

hmmm, those are the only 'fun' things that come to mind right now. Oh, and working in the garden. Thats fun, right?

Boring. I might have to rethink this Fun Friday thing....lol

I have been working on a few pieces, slowly, little by little a couple nights this week.

NEW:
I have a ring and two pendants in the works.

I was fiddling with flush setting last night. Can I just say "%(!*&#(!" ? Yea, that. Grrr. I ended up bead setting a stone in the 'flush set hole'. I swear, I am going to get flush setting if it kills me.

From the 3 R's:
I have a few of my redo pieces - things I've recovered from the 'my creator hates me' box.


I am slacking in the photo department. I wish I had some to show, I'm excited to show the new stuff and interested to see reactions to some of the redone pieces. Maybe tonight.

Ohhhhhhhhh, but I did recently purchase some lovely stones - wanna see?


I love love love these stones!!!! The spiderweby-ness is way cool and the color -

YUM-O!

Aren't they fabulous!!!!!!!!!







These colors are so great for Spring.....pinks, green, white, some yellowy-orange. Can't WAIT to set these into some lovely piece of jewelry.









These remind me of summer days with dandelion dust drifting on the breeze....my challenge with these will be to place them in a 'soft' setting rather than something 'bold'.



I hope you're having a great Friday and even though I've been bouncing all around this week and haven't been commenting on blogs as much as usual, and some of you I haven't spoken to in ages (in email or person) - that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of you and chances are I've read your blog...google reader is a GREAT thing. :) I love seeing what everyone is up to and all the pretties your making.


Ta' for now,
Janice

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some yummy new stones to play with also. I posted a picture of my new stones on my blog. We should be busy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just saw your stones and commented. Gorgeous. I may not set any of these this weekend - I may save them for something special. :) I hoard my stones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those green stones are yummy
    *licks screen* they taste goon too!
    I want a supplier that good...
    no-one local in the UK & shippings
    poo!
    Can't wait to see your gorgeous pieces
    Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green stones! I had a look on her website (the Phoenix one) and was v impressed with the sets.

    Just a quick note to Nicola (above) - I get most of my cabs shipped from the UK. There is the most amazing stone/cab supplier www.designercabochons.co.uk so have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous stones! Are the "webby" ones Picaso Jasper??

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so beautiful! I'd like to know the names of the stones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning stones, can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pieces to work with. You are very talented. I extend my friendship and invite you to join me at http://friendshipsociety.ning.com
    you will make new friends and you can promote your work too! Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete