Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life goes on

Even with the full house, busy schedule, work, my Dad's operation, baseball practices and games, and Mother's Day, I have found time to hit the bench. Life goes on despite the chaos.

It's nice being in my own house again because for some reason I experience a larger sense of freedom here. To do what I want when I want, to leave things out,  to start and stop...etc.  It has enabled me to actually work at the bench MORE lately, despite the fact that I have so much more going on.



I was able to make a pair of earrings for my Mother for Mother's Day.















I made a pair for myself as well.....















I think this is a style I will make more of, I really like how they look on, although the photos don't do them justice. 




I have also been making some sample enamels - just playing with technique, color combos etc. These are some of my favorites from the past week
I've been playing with texture, shape, color, and using ares of no color next to areas of color and then putting clear over top (the red square to the left) and I really like the way it looks. I've been really intrigued with rust lately (as can be seen on my pinterest page) and the red square reminds me of rust patterns. Now I want to play with that and other colors of rust.

I hope that I can begin blogging again on a regular basis and posting on the forums etc. I miss everyone.  Life goes on and in some ways I'm right in there, but in other ways it feels like its going right on by without me.