Monday, January 11, 2010

A lovely combination, don't ya' think?

I love it when things that might not seem to go together
really do go together

Here is what I brought together over the weekend:
A broom
Fire
Scrap
It might sound scary, but its not.

Really cool things happen when you combine these.

See?

BROOMSTRAW CASTING!

A great (and fun) way to use scrap metal.

I generally dump my scrap into a container and then forget about it. I have several containers just brimming with scrap metal.


Although one very small container is now almost empty. YAY!
In addition to the 3 components listed above
you're also going to need

water

jar/can

flux

crucible (homemade or purchased)

pan or tray

and a fire extinguisher
~*~ just in case ~*~
HAVE FUN!!!
I don't really know what I will ultimately make with these,
but I take great inspiration from Beth Rosengard.
Amazing work.